Benefits of Your SMP - Service Modelling
These are some key issues that affect business which Your SMP has identified solutions for.
Maybe some of these relate to your situation:
- There exists a limited ability for Operations to provide cross functional data immediately for review or analysis to key stakeholders.
- Business cases for purchases and projects are not supported effectively because of poorly correlated and invalidated source data with diluted ROI
- There are unclear or inefficient service delivery and support being delivered in areas of business but cannot identify why
- Confusion with naming conventions across functions (Software, Hardware, Products and Services)
- Time is being wasted on maintaining non-critical data with no system in place to categorize or identify real priorities against low impact
- Low data quality and measuring availability making it impossible to have relevant and quality data to make business decisions
- Imbalances in workload and suspected over-servicing with nothing to refer to for validation of non-risk if the over-servicing workload is addressed
- Changes causing major incidents and impact to the business are not effectively mapped beforehand to identify the dependencies
- People are operating in silos and don’t understand the customer experience or that there are gaps in the service chain
- There is no focus on the key customer business services and their relationships
- There is a need for a detailed data report or base-line assessment with imminent expenses attached, making the project prohibitive.
Why Your SMP
The solution is rapidly achieved with Your SMP, a typical engagement would be from 2 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the size of the organisation and the time needed to collect all the data for modelling.
Once we have the information, here is what results:
- We import your data into the Your SMP Model which applies business rules and makes the data visible real-time.
- We lead you through a series of validation steps and build key relationships increasing the value of the data
- We help you account for all your people, validate what they support and highlight areas of inefficiency
- We introduce you to a formal service model and resolve naming conventions
- We help you identify critical data to make immediate changes
- We provide answers to "what is a service" and "what is a product" and explain what is the difference and how the categories provide direction and business impact
- We help you relate your Products to the Service Delivery impact on customer experience and data results provide a map of this
- We help you identify the real risk of Change
- We teach your people the Service Model, breaking down the silos and giving them a line of site into customer experience
- We provide you with services and information and identify the 80/20 activities of service, enabling you to drop any inefficiencies as soon as you can.
Move from spending 80% of time and resources on problems which in reality are only 20% specific, saving substantial time and money.
When is Service Modelling most beneficial:
-Price Reset for IT Spending or just after a budget has been approved
-Implementing a new ITSM Solution
-Updating a CMDB
-Building a Service Catalogue
-Assessing IT Value
-Review of Business Process and Services
CLICK HERE to see an example of a report and report information